Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 As a society, we have organized as tribes, hierarchies, and markets to accomplish the most impressive of achievements. Human co…
Next June 7 in Lugano, 20 ICOs will compete at the ICO Race for 1 MILLION DOLLARS and to be listed on one of the top three exchanges in the world.
Also offering a sound conference program, the ICO race gives ICOs the opportunity of a 10-minute pitch in front of a qualified panel of judges who will make their evaluation based on solution of the problem, business and token sale model, token sale terms, team, pitch.
The ICO Race also offers a networking crypto dinner at an exclusive location on Lugano lake the night before the race, on June 6.
The Crypto Valley Association is sponsoring the ICO and will participate with a speech.
Visit icorace.ch for more information, the event program, and to enroll in the competition.
The Crypto Valley Association (CVA) is aware of the legal matter involving Envion, a Swiss-incorporated, Berlinbased blockchain company. Envion is not a member of the Crypto Valley Association. However, in the interests of our ecosystem, we are conducting an internal investigation. Should we find any members related to Envion that have breached our Code of Conduct, we will take disciplinary measures as laid out in our statutes. This can include expulsion from the CVA.
Please note that the following candidates are standing for election / re-election: Standing for President Oliver Bussmann Standing for Board Member Positions Vasiliy Suvorov René Hüsler Soren Fog Nicolas Schobinger…
- Reinvent Finance with #blocichain at the @melonport Hackathon. May 17-19 in the heart of Crypto Valley https://t.co/0hCnkqWlEe 2018-05-20
- Reinvent Finance with #blockchain at the @melonport Hackathon. https://t.co/0hCnkqWlEe https://t.co/AUbbEkBERe 2018-05-20
- RT @UrsGossip: Der Bundesrat will die Einführung eines #Kryptofranken prüfen. Auslöser ist ein Postulat von SP-Nationalrat Cédric Wermuth.… 2018-05-20
- Join a world-leading group of individuals and organizations to push the boundaries of academic research in… https://t.co/AkDPOAGrCD 2018-05-20
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/1uDxOMtMdK 2018-05-20
- Pay for your Crypto Valley membership by mining #monero or just do it as a donation. https://t.co/6L4n54Pbza… https://t.co/QNjsemfx86 2018-05-21
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Or want to advertise an open post? Association members can advertis… https://t.co/VaxfqNZyUf 2018-05-21
- Are you a #blockchain or #crypto investor interested in high quality #startups deal flow from the Crypto Valley? A… https://t.co/zWDsW6aw0g 2018-05-22
- RT @nicksdjohnson: I’m pleased to announce the launch of the first Solidity Gas Golfing Contest: https://t.co/BC7tEkZGoU
Write the most ga… 2018-05-23
- Support Ocean Cleanup by completing a short survey on #crowdfunding https://t.co/tVnKAfO20N 2018-05-24
- At these prices, you've got to start saying that you are "in it for the technology"! And if you are, then you bett… https://t.co/ptiRPWeQ0B 2018-05-24
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Or looking to invest in #blockchain startups? Access a growing in… https://t.co/ZzBEubhlLz 2018-05-25
- Join a world-leading group of individuals and organizations to push the boundaries of academic research in… https://t.co/vX3buo4p5p 2018-05-25
The topic of stablecoins has occasioned a flurry of discussion and activity in late 2017 and early 2018, not unsurprising given the potential of stablecoins to allow the expansion of the crypto community in a number of important ways. This articles considers two developing stablecoin projects that fall within the seigniorage shares category of stablecoins, exploring the particulars of their constructions, their relative positioning within the market, and significant challenges each is likely to confront.
The post The Cryptoeconomics of Seigniorage Shares Stablecoins: Basis and Carbon appeared first on Smith + Crown.
Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 Aragon Founder Luis Cuende joined us to discuss their work on building tools for decentralized governance. We covered the origi…
Our member Bloomio is performing a survey on crowdfunding and would like to ask other members of the Crypto Valley Association to participate. Bloomio will make a 1 CHF donation to the Ocean Cleanup charity for each of the survey responses it receives, so please take a moment to participate here.
Here is some more information about Bloomio and the survey:
Bloomio, as a winner of 2017 IMD competition, is cooperating with an IMD MBS class and one of the outcomes of this joint effort was an analysis of the current venture capital landscape. To enrich this study with quantitative data we developed, with the IMD students, the survey we are now publishing.
The objective is to gather insights about the current VC landscape and understand the investor’s pain points and areas for improvement of the existing options for investing in startups.
The results of the survey will be published as part of the overall study conducted in Q3-Q4’18 on the Bloomio portal. The proof of the donation will be announced on Bloomio socials and to press and it will be sent to the respondents who will leave their email contacts.
The survey will remain accessible until it reaches 1K respondents.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/VFAijedjTf 2018-05-13
- Want to present your #blockchain project/startup/research to a group of like-minded individuals? Association membe… https://t.co/GmOQTBtPl9 2018-05-14
- Crypto Valley Association Taps VC Firm Lakestar as Strategic Partner https://t.co/Hbc2qEsZ86 2018-05-14
- CVA contingent off and running at #Consensus2018 Full house in NY! https://t.co/vfRbgXGjxd 2018-05-14
- CVA member @PavoIoT on blockchain and indoor farming. Interesting read! https://t.co/D0z5pILoMI 2018-05-14
- CVA honored to welcome renowned European Venture Capital Firm as newest Strategic Partner! #blockchain… https://t.co/FZds8zW0S1 2018-05-14
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Or want to advertise an open post? Association members can advertis… https://t.co/iMjczTYt25 2018-05-14
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Or looking to invest in #blockchain startups? Access a growing in… https://t.co/M0nK8LGi0W 2018-05-15
- Join a world-leading group of individuals and organizations to push the boundaries of academic research in… https://t.co/Mdgp0pWcaZ 2018-05-15
- Do you agree with the consensus on the USD price of Bitcoin (BTC) at 12:00pm CET on December 31st 2018?… https://t.co/PctdtgWZxH 2018-05-16
- Learn how the CVA has been partnering with @SovrinID to bring #selfsovereignidentity to Switzerland. #blockchain… https://t.co/FlIVHBrbTc 2018-05-16
- Reinvent Finance with #blockchain at the @melonport Hackathon. https://t.co/0hCnkqWlEe https://t.co/U9EwHM4WiH 2018-05-17
- RT @SamChadwickXOR: Honored to represent @thomsonreuters and @thecryptovalley at the @OECD workshop on Digital Financial Assets in conjunct… 2018-05-17
- Leading players from Switzerland and Silicon Valley meet next week to discuss the influence of new technologies on… https://t.co/127NqXp1aJ 2018-05-17
- Reinvent Finance with #blockchain at the @melonport Hackathon. https://t.co/0hCnkqWlEe https://t.co/9d6PuB3nrz 2018-05-18
- RT @el33th4xor: Someone dropped this paper on IPFS and some IRC channels yesterday. It describes a new family of consensus protocols that c… 2018-05-18
- Want to discuss cutting edge technologies with other #blockchain developers. Join our Coder events… https://t.co/SKDWJdGe78 2018-05-18
- Reinvent Finance with #blocichain at the @melonport Hackathon. May 17-19 in the heart of Crypto Valley https://t.co/0hCnkqWlEe 2018-05-19
- Reinvent Finance with #blockchain at the @melonport Hackathon. https://t.co/0hCnkqWlEe https://t.co/Q6pReOYl5h 2018-05-19
By Vasiliy Suvorov, Vice President of Technology Strategy at Luxoft, Vice President, Crypto Valley Association
Today’s identity management poses a problem. Highly centralized and siloed, it forces us to create new accounts, provide personal details, and generate login credentials each time we decide to consume services from a different provider. At the same time, we blindly trust each service provider to manage the provided data carefully, hoping hackers will not steal it. This forces companies to become identity and security experts in order to avoid any security breaches, taking on an unnecessary financial burden and deviating funds that could be used elsewhere.
We’ve just grown too accustomed to it – and that needs to change.
One way to tackle this issue would be to decentralize identity management, which gives identity ownership and control to individuals. A connected identity system would enable any person, organization, or thing (IoT) to have an identity relationship with another – without authorization from a third party.
The above presents the idea ofself-sovereign identity (SSI), where anyone can use these identities and the resulting relationships without an intervening authority.
Introducing the Sovrin Foundation, Crypto Valley Association and Luxoft
The Sovrin Foundationis a non-profit organization that launched and oversees a specialized global distributed ledger: a blockchain that enables SSI. It provides the basis for easier and more secure identity management and new, more democratic decentralized business models.
Similarly, the Crypto Valley Association (CVA)is an independent, government-supported group aimed at building a thriving blockchain ecosystem in Switzerland – a country known for its strong, direct democracy, personal privacy and innovation.
When we first learned about Sovrin’s technology and mission, it was clear Sovrin’s goals, Swiss values and the CVA’s objectives aligned fundamentally. Through our Technology Working Group, we reached out and started to explore ways to enable Sovrin’s blockchain in Switzerland and explore various use cases that would benefit CVA’s members and the overall Swiss ecosystem. As a result, we announced an official partnership in 2017.
Initially, the partnership focused on operating the first “validator node” – nodes that achieve consensus – of the Sovrin ledger in Switzerland. Two of the founding members of CVA, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU),and Luxoft worked together to make it possible. The dedicated server running Sovrin’s node is hosted in an award-winning, minimum energy design data center facility of HSLU in Luzern, and is operated jointly by the experts of HSLU’s Department of Informatics and Luxoft. The teams are now exploring self-sovereign identity use cases and are working on onboarding new applications.
Blockchain for e-government…and beyond
Ever since the announcement of the partnership, the Swiss blockchain ecosystem has developed more rapidly than ever before. Governments across the federal, cantonal and city levels have expressed support and announced plans to make blockchain technology an integral part of Switzerland’s future. Projects on implementing electronic Identity, company registration and even eVoting on blockchain technology are well under way.
All these applications require a robust identity management foundation that is secure, scalable and futureproof – which blockchain can provide.
More and more frequent breaches of personal data are reported each day, even though the data is stored in supposedly “safe” central systems. And revelations on non-transparent and unexpected (and often not consented to) use of our online data accumulated by multiple centralized web businesses makes the need for SSI even more urgent. As we head into the future, I hope more will understand the identity management issue so teams can take on many more projects – in order to give the power of identity ownership back to the people.
Be sure to join us at the Crypto Valley Conference June 20-22 and learn how you can use decentralized identity management and other applications of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies to their full potential.