We’re joined by Allen Day, Science Advocate at Google. Earlier this year, he and his team released both Bitcoin and Ethereum as public datasets in Big Query, Google big data IaaS offering.
Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 Public blockchains produce enormous amounts of data. In theory, anyone can access the raw contents of transaction and blocks. I…
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/0EzOYGZxjw 2018-09-16
- Want to present your #blockchain project/startup/research to a group of like-minded individuals? Association membe… https://t.co/WZWDGYDkLq 2018-09-16
- RT @Gadienre: #blockchain 4 Good meetup @thecryptovalley in Rathaus #Zug with @MarionVerles from the https://t.co/UOnOyLDdl1 and Katherine… 2018-09-18
- RT @Cointelegraph: Switzerland to prepare a report on blockchain regulations for Israel by late 2018
https://t.co/sia0ayINhk https://t.co/v… 2018-09-18
- Do you agree with the consensus on the USD price of Bitcoin (BTC) at 12:00pm CET on December 31st 2018?… https://t.co/bgKC9Eup2f 2018-09-19
- Are you a #blockchain or #crypto investor interested in high quality #startups deal flow from the Crypto Valley? A… https://t.co/lWt5gBq4PX 2018-09-19
- Looking forward to welcoming two new Board members to the CVA at tonight's Special General Assembly – 18:00 at Burg… https://t.co/lNk1bLWhZU 2018-09-20
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Or looking to invest in #blockchain startups? Access a growing in… https://t.co/3wde30wnDe 2018-09-20
- Looking forward to welcoming two new members to the CVA Board today! #womenintech #cryptovalley #diversity https://t.co/Js99JwKRE7 2018-09-20
- Super excited to welcome our two new board members – @jennaszenk of @melonport and @MyPaoG of @AragonProject – hear… https://t.co/0n8QHCZSTH 2018-09-20
- A great development for the further development of the Crypto Valley ecosystem! #cryptovalley #blockchain #startups https://t.co/MWA52RUcYd 2018-09-21
- RT @FintechCH: Switzerland Guidelines: Opening Corporate Accounts For #Blockchain Companies https://t.co/Um052kz1x6 @SwissBankingSBA #Banki… 2018-09-21
- Swiss Bankers Association Partners with Crypto Valley Association as New & Old Meet to Support Blockchain Companies… https://t.co/C4G3l9QjxO 2018-09-21
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Or want to advertise an open post? Association members can advertis… https://t.co/g2SyZ9QmUi 2018-09-21
- RT @yiwenchan: Super day with @USEmbassyBern Ambassador McMullen, the board and select members of @thecryptovalley learning about the block… 2018-09-21
- @yiwenchan @USEmbassyBern It was our pleasure to host the Ambassador today. Thank you to the firms that did an exce… https://t.co/bykjRsuDrV in reply to yiwenchan 2018-09-21
The Crypto Valley Association (CVA) General Assembly has elected Jenna Zenk and Maria Gomez as new members to the Board.
Zug, 21.09.2018 – The Crypto Valley Association is pleased to announce the election of Jenna Zenk, CTO of Zug-based startup Melonport and Maria Gomez, lead for ecosystem development efforts at blockchain-based project Aragon as the newest members of the Board. The election is the result of the decision of the General Assembly in June to expand the Association’s Board by two places to be chosen from among the CVA’s female members. The expansion was suggested as a direct initiative by CVA members and will serve to strengthen the Association through a diversity of perspectives, experience and skills.
The role of the Board members includes co-chairing the CVA Working Groups, receiving international delegations, interacting with other Swiss and international organisations, presenting the CVA and Crypto Valley at external events and supporting the CVA’s own local and international initiatives.
Ms. Zenk has a dual background in finance (hedge funds) and tech as a programmer and chief technology officer. “I am excited to join the CVA board to represent the voice of the crypto startups and technologists in their efforts to build cutting-edge technology and drive innovation forward. I am also honored to represent the Crypto Valley in Switzerland and abroad.”
Aragon’s Ms. Gomez has a background in corporate and finance law and has been working on business development, operations and strategy in several leading crypto organizations. “I’m happy to join the Board and have the opportunity to help build a strong, diverse and international ecosystem where the values and vision of the projects, teams and people working on open, neutral, borderless and censorship resistant blockchain technologies are represented,” she said.
CVA President Oliver Bussmann is also looking forward to working with the two new Board members. “We are thrilled to have found two competent and committed new Board members, who are equally committed to the success of Crypto Valley and will help us continue our efforts.”
Swiss Bankers Association – with support from the Crypto Valley Association – has developed guidance for Swiss banks opening bank accounts for crypto & blockchain companies.
The Crypto Valley Association (CVA) welcomes the issuance of new guidance from the Swiss Bankers Association (SBA) to its members, regarding the treatment of blockchain-based companies in the country. The new guidance directed to member banks of the SBA is intended to provide increased clarity and assurance and remove barriers to the growth of the Swiss blockchain ecosystem.
The guide, an initiative of the SBA and developed with the input and assistance of the CVA Regulatory Working Group, makes key distinctions between blockchain-focused companies seeking to raise capital through an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and those who do not. According to the outline, companies which do not fundraise through an ICO should be treated no differently than regular Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Further distinction regarding documentation needed is made between ICOs carried out with fiat currencies and those using cryptocurrencies. The guide has been welcomed by FDF, the Federal Department of Finance, and FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority.
Oliver Bussmann, President of the Crypto Valley Association, welcomed the announcement, saying “We have seen a lot of positive growth in the ecosystem over the past 18 months and now it was very important that the SBA, CVA and authorities could come together and successfully work on a solution that can ease some of the restrictions that could hamper the continuation of that growth.”
Dr Mattia Rattaggi, who chairs the CVA Regulatory Working Group, added, “This guide is an important and timely contribution. As a multi-stakeholder organization it was important for us at the CVA to bring a diverse range of perspectives and expertise to the table for the development of these guidance and we hope that it will benefit the healthy advancement of the crypto/blockchain industry in Switzerland.”
Switzerland has gained a world-wide reputation as a popular destination for crypto and blockchain companies. In 2017, four of the ten largest ICOs were conducted in Switzerland. In 2018 the country continues to rank among the most attractive places for blockchain companies.
Read the SBA announcement here.
We were joined by law professor Angela Walch to discuss her controversial ideas surrounding the role of trust in blockchain networks and why regulators should consider treating software developers as fiduciaries.
Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 The expectation has become widespread that blockchains will end up underpinning major societal infrastructures. The narrative i…
- Are you a #blockchain or #crypto investor interested in high quality #startups deal flow from the Crypto Valley? A… https://t.co/cCpmR7W2v9 2018-09-09
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/idxaOyDK5Q 2018-09-09
- RT @nschobinger: [meetup] Crypto Valley Geneva: September's meetup presentation materials are available (paywall): https://t.co/MSSPu0ZoWI… 2018-09-10
- Pay for your Crypto Valley membership by mining #monero or just do it as a donation. https://t.co/6L4n54Pbza… https://t.co/gBDKfaT6H8 2018-09-10
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Or looking to invest in #blockchain startups? Access a growing in… https://t.co/Lp2CxPodYs 2018-09-10
- We're expanding and diversifying! #cryptovalley #blockchain #womenintech
Special Elections to Add Female Board Mem… https://t.co/b7VA73fJfi 2018-09-13
- Want to discuss cutting edge technologies with other #blockchain developers. Join our Coder events… https://t.co/2zZ1eOA4V2 2018-09-14
- Looking forward to welcoming two new Board members next Thurs! #cryptovalley #blockchain #strengththroughdiversity… https://t.co/eUQkFuuB3m 2018-09-14
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Or want to advertise an open post? Association members can advertis… https://t.co/Obgs0SXYuF 2018-09-15
- Want to partner with the Crypto Valley Association. Join a growing number of organizations offering capabilities an… https://t.co/bro4SK9B4m 2018-09-15
The legendary scientist and cryptography pioneer joins us to discuss his paper on DAOs. It explores how a decentralized, transparent DAO making decisions using prediction markets could create more efficient democratic systems.