Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 Legendary scientist and cryptography pioneer Ralph Merkle joined us to discuss his recent paper on DAOs. Merkle examined how th…
At the recent CVA General Assembly in June, it was decided to expand the Association’s Board by two places to be chosen from among the CVA’s female members. This expansion was suggested as a direct initiative by CVA members and will serve to strengthen the Association through a diversity of perspectives, experience and skills.
The role of the Board members includes co-chairing the CVA Working Groups, receiving international delegations, interacting with other Swiss and international organisations, presenting the CVA and Crypto Valley at external events and supporting the CVA’s own local and international initiatives.
We are thrilled to announce that we have received over 40 applications for the two open CVA Board seats and we are very proud to encourage diversity in the growing field of Blockchain technology.
With such a high level of interest, it is important to us to ensure as smooth and democratic an election process as possible while also respecting the CVA’s ‘Articles of Association’.
As the CVA’s membership has surpassed 1000, it’s increasingly important to enable as many of our members as possible to engage in this landmark Assembly.
SPECIAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Date: 20th September 2018, 18:00
Presence: All candidates who wish to be considered for election MUST be physically present at the Burgbach-Saal in Zug on the 20th September to address the Membership in-person.
The General Assembly is open to members of the CVA only.
Candidates have the opportunity to present themselves for a maximum of 5 minutes and explain the reasons for their candidacy. They may prepare a one-page presentation slide (PowerPoint .ppt file format, slide size 4:3 standard format) to use during their presentation to the Assembly. This slide should be sent to René Hüsler (email@example.com) by September 18th.
After the presentation of all candidates, the members present have the opportunity to give their two favourite candidates one vote each. Members may not cast two votes for one candidate.
The two (2) candidates with the most votes are elected.
If more than two candidates receive the most votes, a further election will be held with these remaining candidates. This process will be repeated until two (2) candidates are clearly identified.
We would like to encourage all CVA members to exercise their voting right.
We look forward to welcoming our new Board members!
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/m12gESpjWw 2018-09-02
- Want to present your #blockchain project/startup/research to a group of like-minded individuals? Association membe… https://t.co/0yCm7lp7cj 2018-09-02
- RT @ian_simpson80: Q&A – Very interesting discussion with @BitcoinSuisseAG pioneer Nikolaj NIkolajsen talking early days and more with @mat… 2018-09-03
- Want to discuss cutting edge technologies with other #blockchain developers. Join our Coder events… https://t.co/dzOvCzeptH 2018-09-04
- Want to partner with the Crypto Valley Association. Join a growing number of organizations offering capabilities an… https://t.co/R5qQsvEZfA 2018-09-05
- Do you agree with the consensus on the USD price of Bitcoin (BTC) at 12:00pm CET on December 31st 2018?… https://t.co/yBFmyhcEbD 2018-09-05
- Great to have @ConsenSys as a CVA Strategic Partner! #cryptovalley #startups https://t.co/CHGiqHHk8M 2018-09-07
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Or want to advertise an open post? Association members can advertis… https://t.co/iTblNBhzQD 2018-09-08
Political Economist Glen Weyl joined us to discuss his new book ‘Radical Markets’, which explores how the structure of capitalism and democracy could be uprooted to lead to a more just society.
Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 The rise of populism and increasing inequality have led to widespread questioning of democracy and capitalism. Glen Weyl, a pol…
The CVA is pleased to announce a strong and diverse field of female candidates to fill the two open Board seats at its Special General Assembly on 20th September (to…
The past few years have seen Zug become more and more well-known not only for the multi-national companies that resort to the medium-sized Swiss canton for tax relief, but also for its vibrant crypto scene.
What started as a place to safely and securely conduct an ICO (in the style of Ethereum and others) has blossomed in to veritable mecca for crypto explorers and others who are anxious to make connections with the international community gathering in Zug.
Now there is a (short) guide to help curious blockchain entrepreneurs get a taste of where to go and who to know in “the Valley.”
- Want to partner with the Crypto Valley Association. Join a growing number of organizations offering capabilities an… https://t.co/4PpVXQJZqO 2018-08-26
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/UebuelJ0wm 2018-08-26
- Pay for your Crypto Valley membership by mining #monero or just do it as a donation. https://t.co/6L4n54Pbza… https://t.co/zgWkhvoOyW 2018-08-27
- Check out the Crypto Valley events calendar for this month. https://t.co/h1L5TymTLp https://t.co/RGGPmPVXyR 2018-08-28
- Are you a #blockchain or #crypto investor interested in high quality #startups deal flow from the Crypto Valley? A… https://t.co/qe50NqyZU3 2018-08-30
- Access a growing library of academic, economic and industry research applicable to the #blockchain ecosystem… https://t.co/eh6BcpUr0n 2018-08-30
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Or looking to invest in #blockchain startups? Access a growing in… https://t.co/ld9yq3y4ae 2018-08-31
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Or want to advertise an open post? Association members can advertis… https://t.co/NABHmlXESM 2018-09-01