CFD could be a very foreign word for a crypto trader, but for traditional market traders, it is one of the most useful assets to trade with on different markets. CFD is an abbreviation for Contracts for Difference, which are basically assets that help …
The CVA Working Group Tax / Accounting / Structuring (CVA WG TAS) has successfully submitted on behalf of the CVA board last Friday, 15 March 2019, its statement regarding the revised first draft VAT guidance on cryptocurrencies issued on 29 January 2019 by the Swiss Federal Tax Administration (SFTA).
The statement has been prepared by Markus Vogel (Chair CVA WG TAS & Tax Partner KPMG), Monika Molnar (Member CVA WG TAS & Tax Partner MME) and Thomas Linder (Member CVA WG TAS & Tax Partner MME) and submitted with the approval of the CVA board to the SFTA. This action is another example of CVA’s diligent work on improving the state of blockchain resp. the business environment in Switzerland and also accounts for the CVA community’s demand to address the current uncertainties in respect of Swiss VAT duties for blockchain businesses.
Although the authors recognise that the revision of the first draft has been a move into the right direction, several aspects of the draft VAT guidance should be reassessed. An outline of the most material revision claims by the CVA WG TAS can be found below:
- Missing reflection on the cybernetic and autonomous aspects of a decentralised, public open-source blockchain system
- Necessity for a functional approach towards the classification of blockchain tokens under the consideration of the synchronisation with the respective legal effects:
- Native tokens
- Counterparty tokens
- Ownership tokens
- Differentiation between crowdfunding activities such as ICOs and other transactions involving blockchain tokens (transfer of blockchain tokens) for VAT purposes
- VAT treatment of ICOs should follow a case-by-case assessment and cannot be generalised
- Issuance of blockchain tokens should only result in a VAT liability in case there is a supply of services or goods in return for the provision of (crypto)currencies
- VAT treatment should basically follow the principles applied to the treatment of the referenced non-tokenised transaction(s) (e.g. voucher token should be dealt as a voucher from a VAT perspective)
You can read the entire statement from the Working Group here [in German].
The CVA WG TAS is keen on hearing back from the SFTA and looks forward to the further finalisation of the VAT guidance on cryptocurrencies. Once sufficient clarity has been reached, the CVA WG TAS will gladly organize respective community events.
There are several ways to make money in the cryptocurrency market, and you have probably read about some of them. We have covered a few techniques on this platform too. In this post, however, I’ll explain some common trading methods you can begin…
- RT @sionik_comm: Great job @alethena_rating @LEXRLAW and @Ledgy! More cool #innovation coming out of @thecryptovalley.
Swiss start-ups lau… 2019-03-11
- RT @FintechCH: Report: 1132 #ICO and #STO’s in 2018 Completed https://t.co/7YIxXAAK12 @PwC_Switzerland @stratandbiz @thecryptovalley #cryp… 2019-03-11
- RT @PwC_Switzerland: Flourishing or floundering? Read our 4th #ICO/ #STO Report, with PwC's @strategyand and @thecryptovalley, to explore w… 2019-03-11
- Are you an innovative #biotech firm in Crypto Valley? Are you using #blockchain for research or other applications?… https://t.co/cgLtHnDxEn 2019-03-11
- We are working to connect #startups and investors in Crypto Valley – let us know what you need to grow!… https://t.co/pq3GWn7Zeb 2019-03-11
- Are you an innovative #biotechnology #startup in Crypto Valley? Are you using #blockchain to change the world? We m… https://t.co/gfZ8nXCd5F 2019-03-12
- RT @BankFrick: In collaboration with @TheCryptoValley, @PwC_Switzerland and @strategyand just released the 4th #ICO/#STO report assessing t… 2019-03-12
- RT @CNNMoneyCH: Why Swisscom and Sygnum are teaming up with the German Stock Exchange https://t.co/zpmQgmoxDC @swisscom @sygnumofficial @Cr… 2019-03-12
- START Summit in St Gallen is just around the corner! CVA Members get a 30% discount on FOUNDER tickets!… https://t.co/VnNSDVgE7R 2019-03-13
- RT @Netzwoche: Die Anzahl erfolgreich abgewickelter Coin Offerings (ICOs) hat sich im Gegensatz zu 2017 verdoppelt. Trotz #Kryptowinter gew… 2019-03-13
- RT @CryptoFinanceAG: Our CEO, @JanBrzezek was at @CNNMoneyCH Switzerland yesterday. He spoke about the latest developments and future oppor… 2019-03-13
- Join this partner event on Friday 15 March at 15h in Hello World restaurant in Baar! #blockchain4realestate… https://t.co/GGGcSs99sL 2019-03-13
- RT @Wachsman_: “The overall landscape is experiencing a 'sustained phase of maturity,' whereby quality projects are in the ascendancy” says… 2019-03-13
- Are you an innovative #biotechnology #startup in Crypto Valley? Are you using #blockchain to change the world? We m… https://t.co/huYYRuPdlH 2019-03-14
- The CVA held an Extraordinary General Assembly yesterday in Zug where it adopted updated Articles of Association an… https://t.co/L4a3s9CbJu 2019-03-14
- We whole-heartedly agree – Switzerland continues to lead in solid, pragmatic #innovation in #blockchain and #crypto… https://t.co/k84rwMgONW 2019-03-14
- Hearty congratulations to former Federal Councillor Johann Schneider-Ammann for being name Fintech Influencer of th… https://t.co/oxxHnATIuN 2019-03-14
- Great to see @CryptoFinanceAG win the Growth Stage Startup Award at the Swiss FinTech Awards tonight! #fintech… https://t.co/aHKg9HDWxK 2019-03-14
- Great to see former Federal Councillor Johann Schneider-Ammannn honored for his engagement in the #fintech and… https://t.co/fpDQQ1Q36K 2019-03-14
- Looking for investment for your #startup? We are here to help! Let us know what you need and we work to support you… https://t.co/XFAaz3MK4R 2019-03-15
- Are you an innovative #biotechnology #startup in Crypto Valley? Are you using #blockchain to change the world? We m… https://t.co/xADN7XWHBr 2019-03-15
- Great workshop today in Baar with a demonstration of the first #blockchain #realestate transaction in Crypto Valley… https://t.co/f4iqi4ZOwI 2019-03-15
- Looking for investment for your #startup? We are here to help! Let us know what you need and we work to support you… https://t.co/cd2zWuIfja 2019-03-16
- Swiss Stock Exchange SIX to Reportedly List XRP Exchange-Traded Product #crypto @sixgroup @Cointelegraph https://t.co/4yZNtaGzie 2019-03-16
- RT @web3foundation: Check out W3F's Research Hub: https://t.co/zntgUXLOFb
– Decentralized algorithms: consensus, optimiza… 2019-03-16
Jesse Lund, head of blockchain solutions at IBM, has just hinted that the tech company has plans to explore stablecoins in an interview with Cheddar yesterday. Lund did not disclose when this venture may debut but said it would be on its World-Wire pla…
Cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex has reportedly canceled an IEO (initial exchange offering) hours before its launch. The RAID project was expected to make $6 million USD by selling its XRD token to customers on the Bittrex exchange.
Canceled RAID Projec…