In the blockchain world, few people are as brave as Tim Swanson when it comes to busting hype. Tim’s unbiased, honest, and sometimes controversial opinions provide a refreshingly realistic view of blockchain adoption and applications of this technology by people and businesses. Cutting through the hype, the over-sold press releases ad the blind optimism of a completely decentralized economy, Tim’s insights provide a sobering look at the state of the blockchain.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Tim’s background and recent departure from R3
- The current state of the enterprise blockchain market
- The state of Bitcoin in the context of the recent price increase
- Tim’s thoughts on the recent spike in ICO’s
- The rumors and concerns surrounding Bitfinex and Tether
- The rise of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as an asset class
- Current problems in Bitcoin: governance and centralization of power
- Tim’s new project: Post Oak Labs
- Tim’s Blog: Great Wall of Numbers
- Bitcoin Is Now Just A Ticker Symbol and Stopped Being Permissionless Years Ago
- Who are the administrators of blockchains?
- Eight Things Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts Probably Won’t Tell You
- Post Oak Labs
This episode is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain and Sébastien Couture. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/213