In this episode, we caught up with Robert Leshner, founder of the Compound protocol. Compound is a fascinating smart contract protocol, running atop Ethereum, that allows users to lend and borrow specific ERC-20 tokens with a duration-free interest model. The protocol acts as a central borrower and lender of user tokens and algorithmically prices the interest charged to borrowers and lenders. Compound is one of the first examples of a well-functioning lending market built using smart contracts.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Robert’s background and how he came to found Compound
- The workings of the compound protocol
- Statistics of usage of the protocol
- Intended plan for governance of the protocol in the future
- Business model of the company and the protocol
- Comparison of compound to other lending protocols on Ethereum
- Outlook and future plans
- Compound Website
- Compound Protocol Stats
- Our plan to create Compound v2
- Robert Leshner on Twitter
- Robert Leshner on Linkedin
- Compound Finance on Twitter
Thank you to our sponsors for their support:
- Join the most interoperable ecosystem of connected blockchains. Learn more at cosmos.network/epicenter.
- The gold hedging platform for the crypto community – Get early access to the new V2 platform at http://vaultoro.gold/epicenter.
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst and Meher Roy. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/295