On February 25th, the CVA board discussed the continuation and strengthening of the Cyber Security Working Group together with Dr. Petar Tsankov, who was asked to drive the working group as its chair. The agreed objectives and action items are as follows:
- Establish security best practices in three key areas related to blockchain projects and startups:
- Secure product development: trade-offs of blockchain platforms in terms of security, scalability, and performance; reliability of available libraries; state-of-the-art security tools
- Security audits: state-of-the-art techniques for auditing projects, reliability levels offered by different techniques, criteria to evaluate the reliability of security audits
- Key management: User guidance to secure usage and management of private keys and wallets
- Educate users on best practices and state-of-the-art security products and services available on the market.
- Raise awareness about state-of-the-art security products and services provided by Swiss companies. Promote their adoption on the Swiss and global markets.
- Engage the members of the Cyber Security Working Group to contribute and collaborate on the proposed security best practices
- Set up a landing page for the Cyber Security Working Group to provide a landing page for the upcoming security best practices
- Organize security-focused events, one of which will be hosted as part of the Crypto Valley Conference