MME Legal | Tax | Compliance is an innovative Swiss enterprise offering comprehensive professional consultancy and litigation services in all legal, tax and compliance matters. MME has offices in Zurich and Zug, both situated in the most important economic zone of Switzerland, the Greater Zurich Area.
MME assists, supports and represents companies and individuals in all business and business-related private matters. Our strength is our focus on a direct partner/client-relationship. MME professionals assist clients personally, comprehensively, candidly and determinedly – in Switzerland and abroad. MME’s expert advisors have established and maintain a broad global network of sophisticated specialists, and we deal with our clients’ challenges worldwide.
With regard to blockchain and fintech projects, MME has set up a team of technology, banking, corporate law, distribution, tax and AML experts jointly providing solutions and expertise. Whether projects are developing, procuring, or investing in these areas, MME understands the opportunities and challenges the business can face. New technologies, such as blockchain (distributed ledger Technology | “DLT”), are part of our daily business. This assures that our legal expertise is combined with a thorough technical understanding of the technology underlying our client’s business models.
Our blockchain and fintech clients range from established international institutions to some of the world’s most innovative startups with the potential to become market disrupters. Our experts remain in close contact with the authorities (e.g. FINMA or tax authorities) and are heavily involved in regulatory projects affecting the industry.
We may assist you in:
- Setting up and operating blockchain applications (e.g. FIAT/DC und DC/DC exchange services, wallet services, colored coins, DOA’s smart contracts, gaming applications)
- Setting up payment, lending, personal finance and wealth management applications
- Setting up crowdfunding applications and organizing token generating events (TGE)
- Assist in entering into the Swiss and European market
- Minimising the regulatory burdens for digital financial services
- Dealing with FINMA and self-regulatory organisations
- Setting up FINMA approved compliance schemes
- Dealing with tax, VAT and customs authorities in order to set-up a cost-efficient business model
- Incentives for R&D, IP and other business activities
- E-Money, Digital Currencies and payment card services
- Entering into a fintech partnership (partnership agreements, IT/IP and data ownership / licensing agreements, commercialisation strategies)
- Big data issues, data protection and data security, management of cyber risks
We are also involved in the development of the legislation in Switzerland. Watch our video about the Swiss C-Share, a project with regard to the first blockchain based share certificate, or listen to Dr. Andreas Glarner, explaining the status of ICO regulation in Switzerland.
Here you can see references to our work in this field: