MEMBER COMMUNICATION: CVA GOVERNANCE UPDATE
At the general assemblies of 2017 and 2018 of the Crypto Valley Association we identified an increasing need to adopt new governance structures that reflects the size and growth of the association and to address identified organisational limitations and finally to further enhance the association’s impact.
In the June AGA a need to work on governance improvements was discussed with all members present. In August 2018, a private group of CVA members under the name of “Independent Think Tank” (“ITT”) formed to assist with highlighting aspects of governance they found important to address. On the 10 September Dr. Hans Kuhn from Zulauf Partner was appointed by the CVA Board of Directors (BoD) to lead an independent analysis of the entire CVA Governance. ITT and Dr. Hans Kuhn have subsequently cooperated in workshops to identify areas which require improvements. Dr. Kuhn has submitted his independent Draft Governance Report on 31 October to the BoD after which it was presented and discussed at the BoD in-person meeting on the 08 November. The BoD have unanimously accepted the Draft Governance report.
An important part of the CVA governance improvement, open from 13 November until 23 November, is the member consultation phase of the report, and the opportunity for member involvement in the subsequent improvement process. Due to time constraints the implementation of recommendations from report will also begin concurrently on 16 November, allowing sufficient opportunity to incorporate recommendations from the members into the final Governance Report by 08 December. The implementation phase will involve updating the CVA Articles of Association (CVA_AA), Code of Conduct (CoC) and the creation of new organisational rules (Org. Rules).
Members can find the relevant report, feedback and timeline resources below:
The next steps are:
- 13 Nov – 23 Nov, 2018: Draft Governance Report, member consultation phase, publish to all members
- 16 Nov, 2018: CVA panel, Independent Think Tank (CVA members) kick-off “CVA Governance Storyline” draft. (Meeting 16 Nov – Link)
- 16 Nov – 31 Dec, 2018: Implementation phase, amend CVA_AA, CoC and create new Org. Rules
- 07 Dec, 2018: CVA panel, Independent Think Tank (CVA members) Q&A and finalisation of “CVA Governance Storyline” (Meeting 07 Dec – Link)
- 08 Dec, 2018: Final Governance Report, publish to all members
- 01 – 10 Jan, 2019: Review of updated CVA_AA, CoC and Org. Rules
- 31 Jan, 2019: CVA Annual General Assembly – voting on amended CoC and new Org. Rules.
- Feb / Mar, 2019: CVA Extraordinary General Assembly – voting on amended CVA_AA (within six weeks of AGA)
Additional updates will be sent to out shortly to communicate:
- 08 Dec, 2018: Final Governance Report ready
- 10 Jan, 2019: CVA_AA, CoC and Org. Rules implemented, subsequent distribution to members
- 31 Jan, 2019: CVA Annual General Assembly – voting on amended CoC and Org. Rules
- Feb / Mar, 2019: CVA Extraordinary General Assembly – voting on amended CVA_AA
We look forward to receiving your feedback.