Decentralized exchanges have been a holy grail in the cryptocurrency space, since at least the MtGox hack. They promise to derisk the act of exchanging cryptocurrency by leaving custody of funds in the hands of the users. And they should be resistant to regulatory pressure, creating a permissionless way to trade cryptocurrencies.
Among decentralized exchange projects, 0x has gained by far the most traction in the short time since launching. Co-founders Will and Amir joined us to discuss the 0x protocol, the emerging 0x economy and the vibrant community they’ve built.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Will and Amir started 0x
- The definition of a decentralized exchange and why decentralized custody is key
- The 0x architecture
- Why 0x built a protocol and not just a decentralized exchange
- The role and business model of relayers
- The 0x token and its economy
- The 0x governance process
- 0x: The Protocol for Trading Tokens
- 0x Whitepaper
- Front-running, Griefing and the Perils of Virtual Settlement (Part 1)
- Front-running, Griefing and the Perils of Virtual Settlement (Part 2)
This episode is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain and Meher Roy. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/222