We’re joined by Rune Christensen, CEO and Co-Founder of MakerDAO. We discuss the rise of Maker DAI as an algorithmically backed stable token and get into the weeds of the new version featuring multi collateral DAI as well as the ability to natively generate interest on DAI. We also cover the current governance model and how this can be attacked. The governance will undergo an overhall for the new version of Maker, introducing an Emergency Shutdown that can be triggered through MKR holders and promises to make the system more resilient. Lastly, we venture into what Rune hopes the future will bring for MakerDAO.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Recap of how single collateral DAI is kept at peg of 1 USD
- Why was DAI intermittently trading at < 1USD
- Governance functions exercised by MKR holders
- Sale of MKR tokens and MKR distribution
- Is the current governance model satisfactory?
- New governance mechanisms to be rolled out soon
- Introduction of multi collateral DAI
- Interest generating DAI: Implementation and rationale
- Future of Maker DAO: What will be able to serve as collateral?
- MakerDAO white paper
- MakerDAO CDP portal
- MakerDAO Blog
- Roadmap Multi Collateral DAI
- DAI in numbers
- DAI in DeFi
Thank you to our sponsors for their support:
- Join the most interoperable ecosystem of connected blockchains. Learn more at cosmos.network/epicenter.
- Deploy enterprise-ready consortium blockchain networks that scale in just a few clicks. More at aka.ms/epicenter.
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst and Sunny Aggarwal. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/298