We’re joined by Eric Conner and Anthony Sassano, founders of EthHub. Started in January of 2019, EthHub’s goal is to provide a trusted, objective source of information for the Ethereum ecosystem. The platform is made up of an open-source documentation website, a weekly newsletter, and a podcast, “Into the Ether” hosted by Eric and Anthony. Both active and vocal members of the Ethereum community, they are known to embody what some consider to be Ethereum Maximalism.
Topics covered in this episode:
- What is EthHub and why they decided to start the organization
- Eric and Anthony’s view on the current state of the Ethereum community
- The different cliques, factions, and sub-groups in Ethereum
- The role of the Foundation and Vitalik Buterin as they see it
- A close look into project funding in Ethereum and the emergence of DAOs for funding
- Reflections on Anthony’s “Why Ether is Valuable” piece
- The state of Ethereum 2.0 research and the different parties involved
- Their views on where the crypto space is heading in the next 5 years
- EthHub website
- Into the Ether podcast
- EthHub Newsletter
- Why Ether is Valuable
- Is Ether needed for transaction fees?
- Ethereum Project Funding
- EthHub on Twitter
- Anthony Sassano on Twitter
- Eric Conner on Twitter
- Epicenter Meetup at TelAviv Blockchain Week – Monday September 16th
Thank you to our sponsors for their support:
- The gold hedging platform for the crypto community – Get early access to the new V2 platform at http://vaultoro.gold/epicenter.
- Trust the team at the forefront of blockchain security research. Learn more at TrailofBits.com.
This episode is hosted by Sébastien Couture and Sunny Aggarwal. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/302