Smith + Crown is excited to announce the fourth Deep Dive Report, on the recently released cryptocurrency Grin and the MimbleWimble protocol it draws from.
Inside, you’ll find:
- MimbleWimble Overview & Notable Developments
- Grin Overview & Notable Developments
- The Cryptoeconomics of Grin
- Grin vs. Key Crypto Projects
- Grin: A Commentary from S+C Research
Background on Deep Dive Reports
The Deep Dive Report series aims to outline key project details, articulating Smith + Crown’s outlook on a project’s prospects, challenges, and potential risks. We aim for these reports to empower readers to make up their minds on a project’s potential using the best available evidence and leading experts’ reasoning. Within a Deep Dive Report, readers can expect the following:
- A well-rounded overview of the project in plain languageReaders will be prepared for conversation on any aspect of the system, without feeling overwhelmed. Our team consumes complex whitepapers, countless documents and outside articles on projects before reconfiguring the details into a digestible form. All of the crucial information you need to know is covered, while details that are too in the weeds are left out. The format is designed to maximize your time, and prioritizes what’s worth knowing over what is not.
- An outlook on a project’s prospects, challenges and risksEach project has a unique set of circumstances, market conditions, competitive advantages, and challenges to overcome. We examine the project from every possible angle to help you understand these important tradeoffs. Distributed networks have a variety of ambitions, some of which overlap and some of which conflict. We describe plausible scenarios for network success and discuss them in the context of the broader dynamics at play.
- Materials for developing a perspective on long-term cryptoasset performanceToken outperformance is complicated, as it relies on a slew of underlying conditions. Critically, token-based projects may be immensely successful without having value accrue to the underlying cryptoasset. Each report discusses the cryptoeconomics of the network and its core token(s), and offers a perspective useful in forming your own decision-informing outlook on the token’s long-term prospects.
We write for an audience of sophisticated professionals capable of appreciating the many shades of gray that exist in this exciting and complicated industry. Regardless of how intelligent or capable any individual is, it is impossible to meaningfully analyze the full array of diverse, ongoing projects without a full-time team of experts from diverse backgrounds. As a research organization, we aim to be the outsourced cryptoanalysts trusted by this audience.
Smith + Crown does not make money through advertising and our reports are unpaid, unbiased, and conducted at the sole discretion of the research team.