- Are you a #blockchain or #crypto investor interested in high quality #startups deal flow from the Crypto Valley? A… https://t.co/NekbuepnwA 2018-02-11
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/oHrJXOAPkz 2018-02-11
- Pay for your Crypto Valley membership by mining #monero or just do it as a donation. https://t.co/6L4n54Pbza… https://t.co/crPnSiEgQ8 2018-02-12
- CVA President Bussmann discusses blockchain disruptions and opportunities at CFA Switzerland. #cryptocurrency… https://t.co/vEnx8yHNYC 2018-02-12
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Association members can advertise for free to a rapidly growing au… https://t.co/SOaPpUhbat 2018-02-15
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Access a growing collection of investors specializing in… https://t.co/hFr9xxzO1X 2018-02-15
- Register now for the Crypto Valley Conference in June 2018. Pushing the boundaries of academic research in… https://t.co/b9UFiQ5U9Z 2018-02-15
- Access a growing library of academic, economic and industry research applicable to the #blockchain ecosystem… https://t.co/GNpGYErFvj 2018-02-15
- Switzerland sets out guidelines to support initial coin offerings https://t.co/7lXHGXWGTL 2018-02-16
CVA President Oliver Bussmann talked about cryptocurrency business models and investing at a Continuing Education event of CFA Switzerland on 31 January in Geneva.
You can view the talk here: https://youtu.be/OOszRXffZ-I
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/zoiPC28oKB 2018-02-04
- Want to present your #blockchain project/startup/research to a group of like-minded individuals? Association membe… https://t.co/wbxLuKSFYS 2018-02-05
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Access a growing collection of investors specializing in… https://t.co/fokKghzY0M 2018-02-05
- Register now for the Crypto Valley Conference in June 2018. Pushing the boundaries of academic research in… https://t.co/mZvYmViRL8 2018-02-05
- Do you agree with the consensus on the USD price of Bitcoin (BTC) at 12:00pm CET on December 31st 2018?… https://t.co/QiOJ4FyhjA 2018-02-07
- Want to discuss cutting edge technologies other #blockchain developers. Join our Coder events… https://t.co/HqR0q82nBJ 2018-02-08
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Association members can advertise for free to a rapidly growing au… https://t.co/CYf8Dl1nZJ 2018-02-08
- @abhikugupta Hi. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll look into it. in reply to abhikugupta 2018-01-28
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/zeqg9xsraC 2018-01-28
- Want to discuss cutting edge technologies other #blockchain developers. Join our Coder events… https://t.co/IiiGuW3mra 2018-01-29
- Pay for your Crypto Valley membership by mining #monero or just do it as a donation. https://t.co/6L4n54Pbza… https://t.co/NW2dj7zHmL 2018-01-29
- Full house as we welcome @TechCrunch to Crypto Valley https://t.co/YBVwGhGGX1 2018-01-29
- RT @UrsBolt: #Compliance and security in the crypto accounts.
- Just a few days left to take advantage of the Early Bird discount. https://t.co/gLuNrnjJR1 2018-01-30
- Recognizing the success of the Association and all of the contributors to the ecosystem. "Switzerland embraces cry… https://t.co/9W5GaPN2IH 2018-01-31
- CVA Western Switzerland “open for business” #blockchain https://t.co/9UU9aKAjXF 2018-01-31
- Are you a #blockchain or #crypto investor interested in high quality #startups deal flow from the Crypto Valley? A… https://t.co/dbIUrE4nMA 2018-02-01
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Association members can advertise for free to a rapidly growing au… https://t.co/ks7TbQdzfQ 2018-02-01
- Crypto Valley Association names Kevin Lally to new post of Executive Manager #welcometotheteam #blockchain https://t.co/g86EJ1Up4k 2018-02-01
Zug, 1 February 2018. Today the Crypto Valley Association announces that it has named Kevin Lally to the newly created post of Executive Manager of the CVA. In this full time role, Lally will oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization as it professionalizes after its period of explosive growth during 2017.
Lally, an Irish native permanently resident in Switzerland, brings a strong background in computer sciences and business management to the CVA. As a consultant Lally has successfully supported global insurance, investment banking and wealth management institutions, including Zurich Insurance, SIX Group, UBS and Julius Bär, with project management, business analysis, scrum management and requirements engineering services, and has a proven track record of communicating with and coordinating among broad stakeholder groups.
“We are very pleased to welcome Kevin Lally to the CVA,” said CVA President Oliver Bussmann. “The Board was very impressed with Kevin’s background, his qualifications, and his clear passion for supporting the blockchain ecosystem here in Switzerland. We think he will be a great asset to our Association as well as community.”
“Society has a unique and wonderful opportunity in blockchain to help solve many pressing challenges,” said Kevin Lally. “Crypto Valley has already established itself as one of the locations of choice in the blockchain and cryptographic technology industry, and the CVA as a globally recognized brand. I am very keen to support the effort to continue to grow our Association and ecosystem to cement Switzerland’s position as one of the world’s top blockchain ecosystems.”
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/5EXIBHPROy 2018-01-21
- Register now for the Crypto Valley Conference in June 2018. Pushing the boundaries of academic research in… https://t.co/xr2g2Rrq2o 2018-01-22
- https://t.co/aHhoIA7tPZ 2018-01-22
- Are you a #blockchain or #crypto investor interested in high quality #startups deal flow from the Crypto Valley? A… https://t.co/7W9PvZPDTu 2018-01-22
- Want to present your #blockchain project/startup/research to a group of like-minded individuals? Association membe… https://t.co/Ar6ppDOyxk 2018-01-22
- RT @sftinno: What do you think? Does Switzerland need Crypto-Francs? https://t.co/o0iZnPBUk0 2018-01-22
- #FutureHack first ever hackathon during WEF. #blockchain for sustainable development. $500k prize money and support… https://t.co/ZGylDzdoLk 2018-01-23
- Do you agree with the consensus on the USD price of Bitcoin (BTC) at 12:00pm CET on December 31st 2018?… https://t.co/iQE52qBp2l 2018-01-24
- CVA partners with #Sovrin to become first “steward” and validator node in Switzerland. Another step towards self-so… https://t.co/ze2dVjDfvt 2018-01-24
- Just added Bitcoin Cash to the growing list of cryptocurrencies that can be used to pay for the Association members… https://t.co/aymWxiGBkm 2018-01-24
- Understand the Lightning Network with this infographic https://t.co/VqPYvMgol3 #blockchain#infographic #LightningNetwork 2018-01-24
- CVA announces new Southern Alps chapter, expanding to Italian part of Switzerland and Northern Italy. #blockchain https://t.co/4UkSLAuYKS 2018-01-25
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Association members can advertise for free to a rapidly growing au… https://t.co/hoiulVoBHy 2018-01-25
- Over 5000 visitors have read our Code of Conduct for #ICOs. A worthwhile read for both investors and token issuers. https://t.co/kHZtP3dWqz 2018-01-25
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Access a growing collection of investors specializing in… https://t.co/2zpsHUrCzO 2018-01-26
- Mine #monero directly on the Crypto Valley website and use the funds raised towards your next membership fee… https://t.co/YLrPY3DeHm 2018-01-27
It will grow and innovate blockchain and cryptographic technologies in Ticino, Switzerland, and Northern Italy
Zug and Lugano, Switzerland, January 25, 2018 — Crypto Valley Association (CVA), the not-for-profit association supporting the development of blockchain and cryptographic related technologies and businesses in Switzerland, today announced the foundation of a new Southern Alps Chapter. Fostering the convergence of business, financial, technology and academic expertise, the Southern Alps Chapter will contribute to grow and innovate blockchain and cryptographic technologies in Southern Switzerland and Northern Italy, putting together talents, competencies, know-how and resources.
“The Crypto Valley Association encourages and disseminates innovation in the blockchain space throughout Switzerland, and ensures Switzerland’s active participation in global efforts to foster this technology. The newly established Southern Alps Chapter will focus on two highly promising regions for this technology, Southern Switzerland and Northern Italy. We are excited by this development and, after the recent opening of our Western Switzerland chapter, by the further expansion of the CVA in our home market,” said Oliver Bussmann, President of Crypto Valley Association.
“Blockchain is driving a number of applications for the broader benefit and advance of communities, citizens and businesses. Our goal is to facilitate the cross-sector applicability of blockchain systems, bringing clarity and confidence around this technology”, continued Gianni Minetti, chair of the Southern Alps Chapter.
Blockchain can add value to multiple domains such as finance and banking, energy and utilities, Smart Cities, healthcare and education, manufacturing. As a smart combination of mature technological concepts, including peer-to-peer networks, distributed consensus algorithms, validity rules, ledger technologies and cryptography, blockchain can be successfully applied in any business where stakeholders’ relations are based on trust and may be entirely disintermediated.
Crypto Valley Association’s Southern Alps Chapter will support the aggregation and dissemination of know-how, and will provide a natural riverbed for various contributions to discuss and grow blockchain and cryptographic technologies in academic and business communities. Among its first tasks, the Chapter will make CVA’s Code of Conduct for Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) available to start-ups and growing companies in the region, promoting it as a framework for organizations issuing, selling and transferring tokens to raise capital. The Code will guide ICOs on proper conduct taking into account all moral, legal, tax and security obligations, and has been warmly welcomed by regulators and businesses.
In order to grow blockchain systems, the Chapter will promote events for private and public organizations willing to explore this technology, also engaging industry associations, financial institutions, research institutes and local government representatives.
Crypto Valley Association’s Southern Alps Chapter will be publicly presented on February 8th 2018 in Lugano, Switzerland. Crypto specialists, industry experts, influencers, investors and mentors are invited to join to learn more about its objectives and short-term plans, as well as opportunities to contribute.
For more information on Crypto Valley Association, visit https://cryptovalley.swiss
About Crypto Valley Association:
Founded in January 2017, Crypto Valley Association is a not-for-profit association established to support the development and dissemination of cryptographic technologies, blockchain, and other distributed ledger technologies by supporting startups and other companies in Zug, Switzerland and internationally. Crypto Valley’s mission is to shape an open, free, and prosperous economy spanning multiple sectors.
Board members of the Crypto Valley Association are:
Oliver Bussmann, Founder & Managing Partner Bussmann Advisory; Vasily Suvorov, Vice President Technology Strategy Luxoft; Professor René Huesler, Director of the Lucerne School of Information Technology, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts; Sam Chadwick, Director Financial & Risk Innovation Thomson Reuters; Søren Fog, CEO iProtus.
Media Contact for the Southern Alps Chapter:
Silvia Vergani, B-Story
mobile phone: +39 349 7668102
The Crypto Valley Association (CVA) today announced a partnership with the Sovrin Foundation, an international non-profit that governs the world’s first open public self-sovereign identity (SSI) network, to explore new ways to help business and people manage and store personal identity data on their own devices, and provide it efficiently to those who need to validate it, without relying on a central repository of identity data.
The CVA will become the first Sovrin “steward” operating in Switzerland. A steward is a trusted organization who meets the security and privacy requirements defined in the Sovrin Trust Framework for operating a Sovrin validator node (the nodes that achieve global consensus) of the Sovrin Public Distributed Ledger for Self-Sovereign Identity.
Two of the founding members of CVA – Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU) and Luxoft, a global IT service provider – have joined together to make this possible. In particular, the dedicated server running Sovrin’s node is hosted in the HLSU’s award winning Data Centre facility in Lucerne and is operated jointly by the experts of HSLU’s Department of Informatics and Luxoft.
The teams will also work with other members of the CVA and members of the general public to explore Self Sovereign Identity use cases and onboard new applications.
“Today’s identity management is highly centralized and siloed, forcing us to create new accounts, provide personal details and login credentials each time we decide to consume services from a different provider,” said Vasiliy Suvorov, Vice President of the CVA. “At the same time, we trust each of the service providers to manage the provided data carefully, hoping it will not be stolen by hackers. This forces companies to become identity and security experts in order to avoid any security breaches, applying an unnecessary financial burden and deviating funds that could be used elsewhere.”
“A way to tackle this issue would be by decentralizing identity management, creating something like an Internet for identity, in which ownership of identity is pushed to individuals, allowing them to control their identities themselves,” said Dr. Phil Windley, Sovrin Foundation Chair. “An Internet-like identity system would allow any person, organization, or thing (IoT) to have an identity relationship with any other; and to do this without the need for permission from someone else.”
Dr. Windley continued, “Because anyone can use these identities and the resulting relationships without an intervening authority, they’re called ’self-sovereign.’ The Sovrin Foundation has built a system that promotes self-sovereign identity, providing the basis for an easier and more secure identity management.”
Procivis, a Zurich-based e-government specialist that counts the Canton of Schaffhausen among its clients, is already exploring how SSI can work. The company is currently looking into implementing emerging Blockchain ID protocols for their eID+ platform and the forthcoming VALID project and is now working with Sovrin. For this reason, Procivis has established a partnership with the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and the Crypto Valley Association.
About the Sovrin Foundation
The international, non-profit Sovrin Foundation is led by a constitutional Trust Framework that ensures its independence from government or industry influence and codifies its dedication to providing self-sovereign digital identity for all. The Sovrin network is operated by independent stewards and uses the power of a hybrid distributed ledger as a fast, private and secure framework for providing every person, organization, and connected device a permanent identity with which to transact online and operate securely in everyday life. Learn more about the Trust Framework underlying the Sovrin network here.
About the Crypto Valley Association
The Crypto Valley Association is an independent, government-supported association established to take full advantage of Switzerland’s strengths to build the world’s leading blockchain and cryptographic technologies ecosystem. For more information visit the website.
- The team representing Crypto Valley at Unlock Blockchain in Dubai. The 3 of us are in 5 of the sessions over the ne… https://t.co/ig2Z1NiKkM 2018-01-14
- @obussmann sharing his opinions about the trajectory of #blockchain technologies at #unlockbc https://t.co/dqzhr9o1Sg 2018-01-14
- @GLRalf introduces @CV_Labs and the scaling potential of #blockchain at #unlockbc https://t.co/lwNUKoPshu 2018-01-14
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest #cryptocurrency and #blockchain developments with our free news aggrega… https://t.co/zk4JEWNLq0 2018-01-14
- @NickAyton You'll usually see them in jeans and polo shirts! Dressing appropriately for the occasion this time! in reply to NickAyton 2018-01-14
- Looking for funding for your #blockchain startup? Access a growing collection of investors specializing in… https://t.co/F3GY19UcKQ 2018-01-16
- Crypto Valley Association To Host Conference Focused on Blockchain Research, Development, And Innovation https://t.co/JSQzYJdGes 2018-01-17
- Crypto Valley Association Collaborates With PwC strategy& on ICO Report. Report offers unique and strategic perspec… https://t.co/l3w9MMp3iU 2018-01-18
- Access a growing library of academic, economic and industry research applicable to the #blockchain ecosystem… https://t.co/eQyfQ9lGh6 2018-01-18
- Looking for staff for your #blockchain startup? Association members can advertise for free to a rapidly growing au… https://t.co/txMylZvhPI 2018-01-18
- Want to discuss cutting edge technologies other #blockchain developers. Join our Coder events… https://t.co/xHvq81cQqQ 2018-01-19
- @ladislavtweet @melonport We’re offering significant subsidies to those doing academic research that contribute to the ecosystem. in reply to ladislavtweet 2018-01-19
- RT @HatforceSec: @RRKUBLI @thecryptovalley The recording is available under https://t.co/4Vg1egjSei. Thank you all for the engaging questio… 2018-01-19
Report offers unique and strategic perspective on global ICO activity
Zug, Switzerland, January 18, 2018 — Strategy&, PwC’s strategy and consulting division, in collaboration with the Crypto Valley Association (CVA), a not-for-profit established to foster the growth of the blockchain ecosystem in Switzerland, have launched the first of what will be a quarterly report on Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs). The report offers a comprehensive overview of ICO activity globally and in Crypto Valley; offers insight into emerging regulatory developments; and takes a look at what the future holds for this space.
“The Crypto Valley Association is delighted to collaborate with PwC on this ICO report. The blockchain and ICO space is constantly changing, and it was crying out for a high quality publication like this. This report has something for everyone, from C-Suite executives to budding entrepreneurs to even the passive but interested observer,” said the President of the Crypto Valley Association, Oliver Bussmann.
The report highlights the continued growth and increasing popularity of ICOs globally in 2017, with over 430 ICOs being conducted last year compared with just 2 only four years ago in 2013. Switzerland, has Singapore, and Hong Kong have emerged as a leading hub as leading hubs for ICOs due to its their rapidly growing ecosystems centered around blockchain and cryptocurrencies. The report also highlights regulatory developments regarding ICOs globally, including China’s ban on the capital raising mechanism and the release of national ICO guidelines or regulations in a number of European countries.
“The main purpose of this quarterly strategic perspective on global ICO activity will be to track the changes and developments in the industry as it undergoes continuous expansion and substantive change. ICOs are disrupting traditional funding models and it is imperative that we anticipate developments as best we can ahead of time,” said Daniel Diemers, Fintech Leader Switzerland, Head of Blockchain EMEA at PwC Strategy&.
The report highlights how Zug, Switzerland, better known as Crypto Valley, has emerged as a hotbed for blockchain-based companies and advisory services, with many successful ICOs having been launched there over the past year. These developments have been helped thanks to the Swiss regulatory framework, which has to-date played an active role in supporting companies working with blockchain technologies. Switzerland’s tax system is also very attractive for financial service firms, of which there are many among the blockchain start-up community in the country.
“This publication is an important step towards taking ICOs mainstream. By being better informed, we can ensure that regulation helps rather than hinders this extraordinary new industry. ICOs are here to stay and need to be understood from a global perspective, something this report provides,” concluded Bussmann.
The full PwC strategy& and Crypto Valley Association report can be viewed here.