- The latest #blockchain news from the top sources all on one page: https://t.co/bnqHBBpXQD 2017-12-26
- Crypto Valley – a growing network of #blockchain investors. https://t.co/VlMuHQU0Hj 2017-12-26
- @ZR1Trader @VladZamfir Numerous brokers in Switzerland provide sufficient liquidity enabling their customers to exit significant positions. in reply to ZR1Trader 2017-12-27
- Your most important New Year’s resolution: Join Crypto Valley and contribute to the evolution of blockchain technol… https://t.co/Xn5c5WfvCo 2017-12-28
- RT @alexbosworth: Mainnet Lightning Network paying my actual phone bill with actual Mainnet funds on @bitrefill. Speed: Instant. Fee: Zero.… 2017-12-28
- @Crypto_Dog We’ve not created anything specifically for Switzerland. There are so many general sites out there. Goo… https://t.co/l16aXfrsL6 in reply to Crypto_Dog 2017-12-28
- https://t.co/50VcXmp6oA 2017-12-29
- RT @jbrukh: Over the past 5 years we’ve seen blockchain technology grow into significant industry, paint a blueprint for universal coordina… 2017-12-30
- Wishing the global #cryptocurrency ecosystem every success for 2018 – with more activity driving #blockchain techno… https://t.co/ohqPh1FCZi 2017-12-30
We’re pleased to be joined by Elizabeth Rossiello, CEO and Founder of BitPesa. BitPesa provides companies in frontier markets with the financial infrastructure to facilitate commerce and payments, where traditional financial markets are known to be fractured and expensive
Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 The prospect of providing digital cross-border payments for the world’s unbanked and underbanked population has always be…
The CVA published its Q4 2017 newsletter on December 23. As Board Member Sam Chadwick wrote in the editorial, we’ve had quite the start:
It has been a remarkable quarter – and remarkable year – for our Association. We have continued to establish ourselves as a highly visible, highly respected name in the global blockchain community and have welcomed over 200 members in the last two-and-a-half months, bringing the total to more than 550.
This is of course gratifying and validates the hard work we put in every day disseminating information and contacts to startups and investors, answering questions and interview requests from international media outlets, organizing events, participating in the blockchain-based policy debate in Switzerland, publishing news and opinion from and about our community, and building Crypto Valley’s reputation through attendance at events around the world.
All of us directly involved in running the CVA do so as volunteers. We are passionate about this community and strive to do the best we can to add value for our members. While I personally am proud of what we achieved so far – the list of activities and achievements in this newsletter is considerable – there is no doubt that, after only nine months since establishing the CVA, we are only just starting our journey.
Our mission remains unchanged: to build the world’s leading ecosystem for blockchain and cryptographic technologies in Switzerland. While 2017 was about establishing our footprint, 2018 will be about scaling up to deliver upon that mission. We will hold our inaugural Crypto Valley Conference in June, the Association will see its first full-time staff, we have our first local Chapters and our Working Groups have set themselves even larger objectives. This has been made possible by the introduction of Strategic Partners and Supporting Partners programmes, and the decision at the Special General Assembly in October to raise Corporate Member fees.
I encourage all members to contribute to the Working Groups if you are not already. Participation is the best way to get value from your membership. 2018 promises to be another great year for the evolution of the technology, the Association and the Crypto Valley ecosystem, and we look forward to continuing on this journey with you.
On behalf of the Board, please let me wish you and your family season’s greetings and a Happy New Year.
You can read the full newsletter here.
- Will ICOs Survive the SEC Bloodbath?https://t.co/FtGIgB4haI 2017-12-17
- Check out the new "Crypto Valley Syndicated News" – a single page of news from select sources to keep you up-to-dat… https://t.co/egfdXpct5y 2017-12-18
- Just added a bunch of the better #blockchain industry reports from 2017 to our document library. https://t.co/UqOltJa0pG 2017-12-18
- RT @IOHK_Charles: We have no relationship with this venture and I seriously doubt this is a real wallet. You money could get stolen do not… 2017-12-19
- RT @CoinMarketCap: Attention Users!
There is NO official CoinMarketCap mobile application at this time.
If you are using one, it is NOT… 2017-12-22
- Off-chain scaling solutions for permissionless blockchains
January 18, 2018 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm https://t.co/oTvmQUWRfS 2017-12-22
- @SilverNaftali Tickets can be purchased online here: https://t.co/vHER1zxiK2 in reply to SilverNaftali 2017-12-22
- RT @DanielDiemers: Our latest #ICO study is out – 2017 YTD more than 4.6 bn USD have been generated. regulation is emerging and #Switzerlan… 2017-12-22
- We’re launching the meetup group for the Crypto Valley Italian and Swiss Alps Chapter. Join the community.… https://t.co/pXEcjRhAJ4 2017-12-22
- Just hit “go“ on the Q4 crypto valley newsletter. What an amazing quarter it has been. 2017-12-23
- @HeyTaiZen @TheCryptoWoman @NxtCommunity @leoncfu @DamelonBCWS @EvilDave_NXT @MaxKordek @c___f___b @DavidSonstebo… https://t.co/mF0n7zaAEv in reply to HeyTaiZen 2017-12-23
We’re joined by Christopher Fabian, Co-founder of Unicef’s Innovation Unit. We discuss how the global non-profit institution leverages innovative technology to solve real-world problems in humanitarian work. We explore the different applications of blockchain in the UN and Unicef, as well as the challenges we can anticipate when deploying these technologies in the developing world. Shaun Conway, Founder of Ixo Foundation, also joins the discussion as a startup working Unicef and talks about the value of a global reputation network for humanitarian projects.
Support the show, consider donating: BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 We’re joined by Christopher Fabian, Co-founder of Unicef’s Innovation Unit. We discuss how the global non-profit in…